LOGITECH SPOTLIGHT + TED PRESENTATION ACADEMY (“PROMOTION”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
IF YOU ARE NOT A UNITED STATES RESIDENT OR IF YOU DON’T HAVE VALID TRAVEL PAPERS TO THE UNITED SATES FOR THE DURATION OF THE PROMOTION EVENT, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY SECTION 6 BELOW.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open to people 18 years of age or older (as of date of entry) who are legal residents of the United States, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, United Kingdom, France, Germany and and any other country in which participation would be permitted under local laws and regulations. For avoidance of doubt, participants from outside the United States should check with local requirements regarding his or her eligibility prior to participation in this Promotion. The officers, directors, and employees of Logitech and its parent company, and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“Logitech”), employees of TED and its parent company, and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies and all advertising, promotion and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion (collectively the “Promotion Parties”) and immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules.
2. SUBMISSION PERIOD. The Promotion begins on April 20, 2017 at 12:01 AM, PDT; 7:01 AM, GMT; Time, 3:01 PM HKT, and ends on May 23, 2017 at 12:00 AM, PDT; 6:00 AM, GMT; 3:00 PM, HKT (“Promotion Period”). Entries will be accepted through the Submission Period.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Submit a video of yourself that is no longer than two minutes in length, spoken in English language, and describes what aspect of presenting you struggle with, the big idea you would like to share and how better presentation skills would impact your professional life. Participants must post his/her video to YouTube for Vimeo or participant’s social channel (and provide URL). AND to complete your Submission in the Promotion, fill in all information requested on the submission form at www.logitech.com/SpotlightAcademy. If you don’t have a social channel or do not have a YouTube account, visit www.youtube.com (additional terms and conditions apply) to create one. The information you provide at Submission will be used to contact you, if you are a potential winner. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, YouTube or Vimeo. You understand that you are providing your information to Logitech and not to YouTube. Each person may enter once. Persons submitting more than one application may be disqualified.
The contents of your video must be wholly your original work and you must have the full ownership rights prior to your video, or you must have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use. You may be required to certify that you have the sole authority to permit the Sponsor to use your video for any purposes.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS AND NOTIFICATION. Sponsor will arrange for a panel of judges of Sponsor and TED professionals to select 15 potential winners from all complete entries received on or about June 6, 2017. Potential winners will have 48-hours to respond before an alternate winner is selected.
At the time of selection, the judges will rank potential winners and in the event one does not qualify or cannot participate for any reason in the Events, an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining pool of submissions. Winners must be available to join online group training sessions (currently scheduled for June 22, 2017 and June 28, 2017), travel on the dates selected by Logitech in order to attend the Spotlight Presentation Academy (Event). The Event is currently scheduled for July 17, 2017 in New York City, United States of America, and satisfactorily complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability and Publicity Release.
5. JUDGES / JUDGING. All submissions will be reviewed and winners will be determined by a committee of experts and professionals at Logitech and TED (“Judges”). The Judges’ decision will be final and binding. Judges will select finalists and/or winners based on: (1) the strength of the idea they are trying to communicate; and (2) how effectively they believe the Spotlight Presentation Academy could grow in their presentation skills.
6. PRIZE AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS.
Each confirmed Winner will be awarded a travel package of:
a one-day in person training with TED coaches at the Spotlight Presentation Academy scheduled to be held in New York, NY, USA on July 17, 2017;
the round trip travel to and from winner’s city (or closest point of departure to each winner’s city) to New York, NY, USA; and
two nights stay in a hotel in New York City to attend the Spotlight Presentation Academy.
Spotlight presentation remote (MSRP $129.99 USD)
The approximate retail value of the travel package is $2,000 USD (two thousand United State Dollars).
The actual retail value of the travel package may vary based on airfare fluctuations, point of departure and hotel chosen. The travel package includes a roundtrip coach-class airfare from the closest airport to each winner city of residence (determined by Logitech in its sole discretion) to New York, NY, or a roundtrip coach-class land transportation from the closest point of departure to each winner city of residence (determined by Logitech in its sole discretion) to New York, NY. No compensation or refund will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of a flight or of any means of land transportation (e.g. train, bus). The travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Promotion Official Rules, and those set forth by the airline carriers or land transportation carriers as provided in the passenger ticket contract. EACH WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AT ITS OWN COSTS THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO TRAVEL, SUCH AS PASSPORT AND VISA FOR THE U.S.A., AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THAT SUCH TRAVEL PAPERS ARE VALID PRIOR TO, AND FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION OF, THE PROMOTION AND PROMOTION EVENT AND DURING THE TIME OF THE TRAVEL. TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS, CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY APPLY. Winners each assume responsibility of all other charges and incidental travel costs, including, without limitation, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, taxes and insurance costs and fees. Winners are required to have proper medical insurance for the duration of the stay in New York, NY. Winners could have to pay additional incidental travel expenses to receive the prize. Any federal, state, and local taxes and any duties on the prize is the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. LICENSE GRANT: You retain all of your ownership rights in your submissions, however, with each submission of story and/or video to this Promotion, you grant Logitech, TED, and its affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully-paid, sub-licenseable and transferable license to use, adapt, modify, publish, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, and perform your story and/or video submissions, in whole or in part, in connection with this Promotion and in connection with the marketing, advertising and promotion of Logitech Spotlight. Logitech may also use your story and/or video to promote and/or redistribute part or all in connection with (i) retail marketing efforts including trade show booths, catalogs, mailers, point of purchase or other store displays; and (ii) e-commerce efforts including the Logitech website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels, including but not limited to Amazon.com and Logitech channels via social channels.
Additional Requirements: Your graphics, images, video, story, etc. (collectively “material(s)”) must be original. Furthermore, you agree not to: (i) submit any portion of your material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Logitech all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) submit materials that contains false information or misrepresentations that could damage Logitech or any third party; (iii) submit any portion of your material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate, as deemed by Logitech in its sole discretion; (iv) submit advertisements or solicitations of business; and (v) impersonate another person. Logitech does not endorse any submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Logitech expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with such submission.
8. BINDING EFFECT. By submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All federal, state and local laws apply.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION Logitech’s decisions are final and binding in all respects on all matters related to this Promotion. Logitech and its Promotion Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, delayed or garbled applications or emails, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, so are or any combination thereof.
Only the fully completed online application will be accepted. All applications submitted become the property of Logitech. Logitech reserves the right, without prior notice, to terminate this Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify this Promotion in any way, and for any reason, including without limitation, if Logitech determines in its sole discretion, that fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Logitech’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion. Logitech reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the application or voting process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Logitech reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Logitech’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
By participating in this Promotion, participant releases and agrees to discharge and hold harmless Logitech and its Promotion Parties, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, retailers, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or acceptance, possession or use (misuse), or failure to use any matters arising out of or relating to this Promotion or any prize.
10. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize shall constitute the Winner’s agreement with Logitech may to use their name, address, voice, likeness and prize information for promotional purposes without further payment or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
12. SPONSOR. The Promotion is sponsored by Logitech with North America headquarter offices at 7700 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560, USA.
13. LIST OF WINNERS. Winner(s) may be announced on Logitech social media outlets, however, you may also receive a list of the winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Logitech, Public Relations Manager at Sponsor’s address no later than 60 days from end date of the Promotion Period. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
14. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, other than the administration of the Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively. through final and binding arbitration conducted under the Consumer Arbitration Rules ("Rules ") of the American Arbitration Association except that any dispute that would otherwise fall under the jurisdiction of a small claims court may, at the option of one of the parties, be brought in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction prior to appointment of the arbitrator.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will registrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and registrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator selected by mutual agreement of the parties or under the selection process set forth in the Rules. The costs of the arbitration shall be apportioned between the parties as set forth in the Rules. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding on the parties without right of appeal. YOU MUST CONTACT SPONSOR WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE DATE OF THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT OR FACTS THAT GIVE RISE TO A CLAIM, OR YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY CLAIM BASED UPON SUCH EVENT OR FACTS. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Logitech in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.