Privacy Statement For Logi Circle
Effective September 1, 2015
Welcome to Logi Circle!
When you use Logi Circle wireless camera (“Product”) and corresponding mobile software application to access services (“Mobile App” or “Services”), you provide certain information to Logitech. In this Privacy Statement, we explain our data collection and processing practices for use of the Camera and Services. “Services” also includes any web applications and/or subscription services described in the Terms of Service.
Information Collection and Submission
Manual Information Submission - When you set up the Service, you will manually create an account by providing an active email address and username (“Account”). You may be required to manually enter your first and last name, email address, credit card, password, camera name, and camera settings.
Automatic Information Submission - Additionally, when you use the Service, our servers may automatically receive, collect, record, process and submit to us data relating to your use of of the Service and your personal mobile device or Wi-Fi network (“Devices”), including:
- Device specific information such as, hardware model, operating system version, device identifiers such as IP or MAC address, mobile network information, router name
- Service event logging information including
- Time and date of service use
- On/off, and other interaction with the Product
- Crashes, system activity, hardware settings
- System activity related to audio and video recordings
- Geo-location information, including time and date of Service use (when Device location services are enabled)
If you do not wish Logitech to collect the information outlined above, then do not install and/or use the Service. Because the Service captures video of your home or space, you should inform guests if the Product is actively recording while others are in your environment.
Logitech does not access individual user video content. The Mobile App may send anonymous information to an analytics tool, including time stamps, transmission statistics, feature usage, performance metrics, errors, etc. We use the anonymous information to provide the Service to you, and to enhance and improve the Service for you and other users, to provide enhanced features and to provide technical support and information to you. If you do not wish Logitech to collect the information outlined above, then do not install and/or use the Services. When you remove the App and/or Service from your Device, any personal information will be removed from our servers.
Transfer and Information Storage
Much of this information is stored directly within the App, on your Device and servers in the United States or any other countries in which Logitech or its corporate affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. By using the Product, you consent to this transfer of information collected, as described in this Privacy Statement.
Retention of Information
We will retain collected information, as described in this Privacy Statement, for as long as needed to provide the Product. We will also retain and use such information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement you can contact us at http://support.logitech.com/response-center.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell or rent our customer or user information to unaffiliated companies. We disclose information you submit only as follows:
- We hire affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to provide the service to you, including Logitech Inc. which is certified under the EU/CH-US Safe Harbor Program. For more information about Safe Harbor, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Web site regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union. All service providers are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and process your information only on our behalf and subject to our instructions. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Logitech’s certification, please visit www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
- We may share redacted or anonymized information freely, but only after we redact it to ensure that recipients cannot use the data to identify you or link the data to you.
- We may have to disclose information to protect your or our legal rights or as required by law or orders from courts and government entities.
- We may disclose to another business entity should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or to an organization involved in a merger, transfer, or sale of our assets or business.
Protection of Information
We are committed to the protection of your personal information collected, as described in this Privacy Statement. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Changes to This Statement and Notice
When you use the Service, you consent to the automatic collection and processing of your information as described in this Privacy Statement, as well as its other terms. If we update this Privacy Statement, we will post changes within the App or at www.logitech.com/circle/privacy. Your continued use of the Service will constitute acceptance of the changes. Any translation of this Privacy Statement is done for local requirements or convenience, and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English version, the English version of this Privacy Statement will govern.