Logitech SetPoint™ software lets you customize your mouse buttons, keyboard F-keys, and hot keys. Use SetPoint to control tracking speeds and configure other device-specific settings. It can also notify you of our device’s battery status, and whether Caps Lock and Num Lock are on.
When to install SetPoint
- To assign a variety of functions to your mouse buttons or keyboard F-keys and hot keys.
- If your mouse has more than 5 buttons.
Windows has built-in support for five-button mice, but if your mouse has more than five buttons then you’ll need to install SetPoint to support the extra buttons.*
* If your mouse is a Logitech G-Series gaming mouse, then you will need to install Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) instead of SetPoint.
- If your mouse has a tilt wheel and you want to use it to scroll left and right in traditional Windows desktop applications like Microsoft Excel.
- To assign shortcuts for common Windows* 8 functions to your keyboard’s F-keys.
When you don’t need SetPoint
SetPoint is not required for the following mouse functions that are built into Windows® 8:
- Left click
- Right click
- Middle click*
- Back/forward buttons for navigating Web pages
* If you want to assign other functions to your mouse buttons, then you can use SetPoint to change their functionality.
** Additionally, if your mouse has a tilt wheel, it will work in most Windows 8 style applications, but you will need SetPoint if you want to scroll horizontally in traditional Windows desktop applications.
Functions that only work with Windows 8
- Start Screen: When Start screen is assigned to a mouse button or keyboard key, pressing the button will take you directly the Start screen. A second press will take you back to your previous location.
- Show Desktop: Takes you to the desktop in Windows 8. Minimizes open application windows in Windows 7.
- Switch Applications: This function cycles through your open applications one at a time with each button press.
- Charms: Opens the Windows 8 Charms bar.
- App Bar: Opens the App Bar in Windows 8-style applications.