What is Bluetooth Smart technology
Low energy and intelligence set Bluetooth® Smart technology apart from traditional Bluetooth wireless technology, and sets the stage for the Internet of Things (IoT).
To connect Logitech® MX Anywhere 2 to your Bluetooth Smart Ready computer, you need:
Windows: Windows®: 8 or later
Mac: Mac OS® X 10.10 or later
NOTE: If your computer is not Bluetooth Smart ready, or if you are using an earlier version of Windows or Mac OS, use the Logitech Unifying™ Receiver to connect MX Anywhere 2.
How to check if your device is Bluetooth Smart Ready:
- Search for “Device Manager” from your Windows start screen
- Select “Device Manager”
- Select "Bluetooth"
- If the description says "Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator" then your device is Bluetooth Smart Ready.
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen
- Select “About this Mac”
- Click on “System Report”
- Select “Bluetooth” in Hardware drop list
- If you see “Yes” next to “Bluetooth Low Energy” then your device is Bluetooth Smart Ready.