Illuminated Keyboard K740
Slim design and backlit keys
Better typing—day or night
Convenient typing in low light or in the dark. The illuminated keys are sharp, bright and easy to read.
This slender keyboard is the perfect blend of function and style.
Comfortable and quiet
Whisper-quiet, comfortable typing with the Logitech Perfectstroke™ key system and a built-in, soft-touch palm rest.
Laser-etched backlit keys
Type easily in low light and even in the dark. Back lighting ensures the keys are sharp, bright and easy to read. Only the key characters are illuminated, so you see just what you need to see without distraction.
Manual brightness adjustment
You can manually adjust the intensity of the illumination using the brightness key located in the top right corner of the keyboard. There are three different brightness levels and it is also possible to disable the illumination if needed.
To use the keyboard, simply plug in the USB cable and start typing. The cable is approximately 1.8m (6 ft) long—enough to reach your desktop if it is underneath your desk, or on top of it.
The keyboard is classic black with a touch of orange to identify the FN functions. A clear transparent strip borders the left, top and right edges and a complementary strip of glossy black separates the keys and the palm rest. Embedded in the glossy black strip, to the right of the keyboard, you will find the Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll lock LEDs.Together, these elements add a touch of elegance to your desk.
Ultra-thin keyboard profile
The keyboard is noticeably thin—especially when you look at it from the side. At its thickest part it is only 9.3 mm (1/3 inch) from frame to keys, to keep your desk looking clean and uncluttered.
Logitech PerfectStroke™ key system
The PerfectStroke key system distributes typing force evenly across the key surfaces making every keystroke quiet, natural and fluid—even if you strike the edge of a key.
Soft-touch palm rest
The built in palm rest has a soft, rubber coating for enhanced comfort. Your hands should move freely and be elevated above the palm rest while you type. In between typing, use the palm rest as a resting place for your wrists. Placing the keyboard flat on the desk helps to keep your wrists in a more neutral (straight) position, but you can also use the tilt legs to adjust the height to suit you.
The keyboard has a full size layout with a number pad and full size arrow keys to navigate your documents easily. Several other features also improve usability:
• The most often used functions like search, email or media controls can be easily accessed via the FN key.
• There are separate keys to control back-light intensity, sound volume and sound mute.
• The Windows® 8 Start key provides an easy way to get back to your start screen.
• The frequently used DELETE key is larger in size so your fingers locate it more easily, and the INSERT key is moved to the top of the keyboard to prevent you from typing it accidently.
• The keys in the spacebar row are elevated to avoid touching the edge of the key frame when you type.
• The 12 shortcut keys are customizable via Logitech SetPoint™ software.
- Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- USB port
- Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
- User documentation
3-year Limited hardware warranty
Suisse / Schweizer (Qwertz): PN: 920-005690
Dansk/ Norsk/ Svenska/ Suomalainen: PN: 920-005692
Deutsch (Qwertz): PN: 920-005687
Dutch (Qwerty): PN: 920-005696
Français (Azerty): PN: 920-005689
Italiano (Qwerty): PN: 920-005685
Pусский: PN: 920-005695
UK English (Qwerty): PN: 920-005694