Rugged Combo 2
Rugged Combo 2
Enter your zip/postal code to show delivery options in your area.
Shipping times are estimated
MORE FOR iPad 5th & 6th GEN
Let students take advantage of these products for iPad 5th & 6th generation.
FOR iPAD 7th, 8th & 9th GEN
Let students take advantage of these products for iPad 7th, 8th & 9th generation.
RUGGED COMBO 2 - iPAD PROTECTION FOR ANY GRADE LEVEL
Rugged Combo 2 provides outstanding protection for 5th & 6th generation iPads while also giving students a full-size physical keyboard. The sturdy design and construction takes on daily wear and tear inside and outside K12 classrooms.
PROTECTS FROM DROPS UP TO 4 FT
Rugged Combo 2 passes MIL STANDARD 810-G drop tests and withstands falls as high as 4 feet. So no matter the curriculum—a field trip, a classroom presentation or a lab session—iPad is protected from drops and mishaps.
PRY- AND SPILL-RESISTANT KEYBOARD
A durable membrane seals in the keyboard, protecting it from prying fingers, spilled drinks, and other classroom mishaps. If an accident does occur, crumbs and liquids can be safely wiped clean with no fear of damage. The keyboard is tested to protect against liquid spills up to 60 ml.
THE ULTIMATE KEYS TO THE CLASSROOM
A classroom full of keyboards typing can get loud—and that can be distracting for students. Rugged Combo 2’s keys type completely silently. It also features a row of shortcut keys for easy access to volume, media controls, print screen, and other useful iPad functions.
THE PERFECT ANGLE FOR ANY APP OR ASSIGNMENT
The kickback stand moves freely within a 40° tilt—making it flexible to move from upright at 60° to laid back at 20° or fully flat. Sturdy mechanical hinges ensure the angle stays firmly in place and does not collapse even with strong tapping.
FOUR USE MODES TO TACKLE ANY TASK
Rugged Combo 2 offers flexible use. Typing mode enables easy note taking, essay creation, and test taking. Viewing mode is great for studying, watching videos, or playing games. Notebook mode supports writing, drawing, and photo capture. Travel mode protects the screen during transportation.
ONE CLICK TO CONNECT AND CHARGE
The keyboard magnetically clicks in and connects instantly—no complex Bluetooth pairing required. The keyboard sources power directly from iPad so there is no need to charge. Plus, the physical connection is the only transfer data point for data from keyboard to iPad, making it a secure solution for student testing and exams.
SPECS & DETAILS
Compatible devicesiPad 6th generation (2018 release)
iPad 5th generation (2017 release)
Model: A1822, A1823
DimensionsHeight: 10.75 in (273 mm)Width: 8.11 in (206 mm)Depth: 1.02 in (26 mm)Weight: 27.30 oz (774 g)
Technical SpecificationsFour modes: Typing, Viewing, Notebook, TravelKeyboard Type: Detachable keyboardBacklit Keys: No
Viewing Angles: Adjustable
- 40 degrees of tilt ranging from 20° to 60°
Compatible with most headsets using standard size 0.13 inch(3.5 mm) audio jacks, straight or angled, including
- Apple Earbuds
- Beats EP On-Ear Headphones
- Beats urBeats Earphones
- Califone 3068AV Headphones
- iFrogz EarPollution EPD33 Plugz Earbuds
- iFrogz EarPollution Toxix Headphones
- JVC Gummy Plus Inner Ear Headphones
- JVC HA-SR185
- Kensington Hi-Fi Headphones (K33137)
- SENTRY HO220 Headphones
- Skullcandy Jib Earbuds
- Skullcandy Inked 2 Earbud Headphones
- Sony MDRZX110 ZX Series Stereo Headphones
- SteelSeries Siberia 200 Gaming Headset
- Drop protection from up to 4 ft
- Front and back protection from scratches and bumps
- Pencil holder for Logitech Crayon or Apple Pencil®
- Lightening connector pass-through to sync and charge iPad
- Withstands drops from up to 4 ft
- Scissor keys (0.04 inch(1.2 mm) key travel) sealed under a liquid-safe rubberized membrane
- Key life is over 5 million strokes
- Full row of iOS shortcut keys
Row of iOS Shortcut Keys (Left to Right)
- Screen brightness down
- Screen brightness up
- Onscreen keyboard
- Screen shot
- Previous track
- Next track
- Volume down
- Volume up
Power and Connectivity
- Powered by iPad via Logitech Secure Connector (No batteries required)
- Battery usage for 1 hour of typing is 0.25% of iPad battery
- Pairs to iPad on-click via Logitech Secure Connector (No Bluetooth pairing needed)
- MFI Certified
- Rugged Combo frame, Cap, Cradle, keyboard
Warranty Information3-year limited hardware warranty
WARNING: Proposition 65 Warning
Find all the documentation we have available to get this product up and running quickly.
Register your product for faster access to support and to activate any applicable warranties.
Find any available downloads that help extend the capabilities of this product.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase we want to try to make it right.
Still can't find the answers you're looking for? Drop us a line and an agent will take it from there.
THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING US
A product expert will reach out to you shortly.